Chemoprevention Database Homepage
Outstanding scientists say: "The website is terrific !"
More comments from other scientists, cancer researchers, M.D., ...
"The website is terrific - congratulations! Thanks for sharing the information with all of us out here in the West! ", D.S.Alberts, director of the Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson AZ
- Jan Alexander : " your database is really impressive." Dept. of food toxicology Norwegian Institute of Public health, Nydalen, Oslo, Norway
- Gerrit M. Alink : "The database is indeed very useful for us, because of our ongoing studies on colon cancer in relation to the diet" WUR, the Netherland
- John A. Baron - thanks so much for sending the web address... might be improved by giving scoring the quality of each study (e.g., double blinded randomized)", Dartmouth Medical School, NH, USA
- Monica Bertagnolli: "You are so kind to share this remarkable database! It is a great reference and I'm sure I will make frequent use of it." Strang Cancer Prevention Center and BWH, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- Sheila Bingham: " this will be very useful!", MRC Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Cambridge, UK
- Marc Bissonnette: "This is an excellent resource. Your paper in Nutr Cancer is a masterful one that makes this point strongly in rats …. This was indeed very helpful and now I am better informed on how to use your wonderful data base too." and 3 years later: "Your Chemoprevention database is wonderful. I use it
regularly and I have shared it with colleagues. Thanks again." and "We have been very grateful for the extensive data base you maintain on chemopreventive agents.", University of Chicago, Department of Medicine, IL, USA.
- E.M.J. Boon: "the database. This may be very usefull in our research", Elles Boon, Acad. Medical Ctr, Dept Pathology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Robin Bostick: "Thanks for the information!" Roberd M. Bostick, MD, Prof. Epidemiology, SC Cancer Ctr, University South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA
- W.R. Bruce: "The web site is very handy indeed, perhaps especially for individuals getting into the field", Bruce, University of Toronto, Ont, Canada
- Giovanna Caderni: "The website is great and very useful."
Prof.Dolara's team, University of Florence, Italy.
- Robert S. Chapkin: "It looks great!" Texas A&M University, USA
- Leonard A. Cohen: "I like your data base and I think it is an important contribution to an increasingly confusing field." Institute For Cancer Prevention, Valhalla, NY
- Lars O. Dragsted: "In our group we have enjoyed reading several of your papers and important reviews in this area. In particular the studies with PEG are really inspiring and thought-provoking! We are always looking forward to read your next publications." professor, Institute of Human Nutrition
Faculty of Life Sciences, Institute of Human Nutrition , Frederiksberg C, Denmark
- Angelo Pietro Femia: " I find the web site containing the database on colon cancer prevention very useful for my work. "
- Lynn Ferguson: "I was very interested ... The website is a very interesting initiative."
Ferguson, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Dan Gallaher: "It is a great thing you are doing with your chemoprevention database." Daniel D. Gallaher, Ph.D. Professor, Dept Food Science and Nutrition, Associate Dean, College of Human Ecology, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, USA
- Ed Giovannucci: "I have visited your chemoprevention database which is quite interesting. It is a very useful summary and presentation of a lot of data. I don't have the time to read all these papers so it is very useful to view it from this perspective." Giovannucci, Harvard, Boston, MA
- Robert Goodlad: "Congratulations on you Web site which looks like it will be very useful.", and later: "I have made good use of your site", Robert Goodlad. PhD, DSc, Cancer Research UK, Histopathology Department, London Research Institute, London? United Kingdom
- Ernie E. Hawk: "We have found the reviews to be very accurate, complete, and useful: having tried to summarize this literature in the past myself, I recognize how much work must have gone into the effort. Thanks so much for taking on the task and doing such an excellent job.", and "This is a truly wonderful resource", and "We are well aware of your outstanding web database resource, and appreciate the time and effort that's gone into it." E.Hawk, Chief, GastroIntestinal & Other Cancers Research Group, National Cancer Institute/Division of Cancer Prevention, USA.
- Serge Hercberg: "Félicitations pour le travail fait qui sera d'une grande utilité. Un grand bravo !" UREN director, INSERM & INRA, Bobigny & Paris, France.
- Eric J. Jacobs: "le database link - ca m'interesse beaucoup! Meilleurs souhaites, (et je regrette si il y a trop de fautes grammatiques, je n'ai pas beaucoup d'opportunites d'ecrire en francais!)"
Jacobs, PhD. American Cancer Society National Home Office. Atlanta, GA, USA
- Russell F. Jacoby: "Thanks very much for the website that is so informative." R.F.Jacoby, M.D. Director, Colon Cancer Prevention Program University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI.
- Izet M. Kapetanovic: " Your web database seems very useful and a good resource for the chemoprevention community."
Program Director, NIH NCI Division of Cancer Prevention.
- K. Krishnan: "The website is an outstanding resource. We appreciate the access and applaud your hardwork and effort!" Departments of Clinical Cancer Prevention and GI Medical Oncology, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Sergio A. Lamprecht, PhD: "Heartfelt congratulations for the impressive work pertaining to Chemoprevention Database 2006 update. With best personal regards, Sergio", Associate Professor of Biochemistry Head, Strang Cancer Tumorigenesis Laboratory at The Rockefeller University New York, NY
- Paule Martel: "Ta base est une formidable source d'information et un outil très constructif mis à la disposition de tous." INRA, Jouy, France.
- Hideki Mori MD Dean, Gifu University School of Medicine Professor, Department of Pathology: Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan.
- Teresa Norat: "Merci beaucoup. C'est tres utile et interessant." T.Norat, IARC CIRC, Lyon, France.
- Beatrice Pool-Zobel: "that is great!!! your CC data base!! Very useful!" Prof. Dr. Beatrice L. Pool-Zobel,
Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena, Department of Nutritional Toxicology, Jena, Germany
- Barbara C. Pence : "Yes, I am interested in your database. Thanks for the information." Barbara C. Pence, Ph.D. Associate Vice President for Research, Associate Dean for Research and the Graduate School, Professor of Pathology
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX
- Theresa P Pretlow: "The site looks very useful and nicely done... Thanks for the update; you have done a terrific job getting all these studies together."
Dept Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
- C.V. Rao: " With regard to the WEBSITE on data bank on colon cancer chemopreventive agents very comprehensive and very useful for investigators like me. I sincerely appreciate your effort in developing highly informative website. Thank you" C.V. Rao, Ph.D
Professor of Medicine, Kerley-Cade Chair in Chemoprevention, University of Oklahoma Cancer Center, OUHSC, Oklahoma city, OK
- Bandaru S. Reddy: "Thank you very much for the Chemoprevention Data Base prepared by you and your colleagues. I congratulate you for this outstanding and noble work which will immensely help several investigators who are actively involved in Chemoprevention. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me." Rutgers, The University of New Jersey Piacataway, NJ
- Basil Rigas: "your database is great!" B.Rigas, MD, DSc Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division of Cancer Prevention
SUNY at Stony Brook, NY
- Daniel W. Rosenberg: "Yes, I have definitely been using your database. I am writing an NIH chemoprevention proposal at the moment, and the database has been extremely helfpul to me. I found some studies that I had missed.", and a year later :"Keep up the great work on your web site.. ", Professor of Medicine, Investigator, Center for Molecular Medicine, Co-Director, Colon Cancer Prevention Program UCONN Health Center, Farmington, CT
- Ian Rowland: "The database is excellent!", U. of Reading, UK
- Hemant Roy: " an important web site..." Northwestern University , Evanston, IL, USA.
- Paul Rozen: "Compliments for your very useful & great data base & extensive work." Dept. of Gastroenterology, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel
- Arthur Schatzkin: "Thank you for this. I'll pass the information along to others." A. Schatzkin NCI, Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, USA
- Vernon E. Steele: "It appears to be an excellent data resource for preclinical colon cancer prevention data. I applaud your efforts to make this website possible. I will pass along the URL for this site to my colleagues interested in colon cancer prevention in the U.S.... Again my thanks and my congratulations on this great resource that you have made public. Your website will be a significant resource to chemoprevention scientists interested in colon cancer prevention. Now we need to spread the word that it is online."
NCI Chemopreventive Agent Development Research Group, Div. Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, USA.
- Gary Stoner: "Wonderful information! Thank you for letting me know about this." and "Excellent job!! I very much appreciate your sending me this information. We are conducting two trials of black raspberries for prevention of colon cancer in humans. These trials have just been initiated. When they have been completed, I will send you the results." Department of Internal Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Eva Szabo: "I'm a big fan of your database, I wish someone would do the same for lung." Eva Szabo, M.D. Chief, Lung & Upper Aerodigestive Cancer Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD
- Takuji Tanaka, M.D., Ph.D.: "Thanks for this important information. Also, many thanks for your great effort and you always contribute the research area of cancer chemoprevention. I enjoy your home page and interesting articles." and "Many thanks for your great effort! I always enjoy your database." Pharm.Soc.Japan, and Kanazawa Med Univ, Takuji Tanaka: MD, PhD, FIAC, Professor & Chairman, Dept Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Med Univ. Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
- Roelof van der Meer: " I know your site; its is very informative and therefore relevant to
reseachers in the nutrition & cancer field", NIZO, The Netherland
- Henk J. van Kranen: "I want to compliment you with the initiative and I think it will be very usefull for people working in this field of cancer research", van Kranen, Lab. Toxicol., Pathol. & Genetics (TOX) National Institute of Public Health & Environment (RIVM), Bilthoven, The Netherlands
- Ramesh K Wali: "… this incredible resource will be of great help to researchers designing chemopreventional experiments." "Thanks for this new update. It is an immense data base to rank all new and old chemopreventive agents based on their efficacy. Thanks again for a job well done."
Ramesh K Wali Ph.D. ENH-Research Northwestern University Evanston, IL.
- John H. Weisburger: "... at the website. You, yourself have made important contributions in chemoprevention." (was with the American Health Foundation, Valhalla, NY, USA).
- Wancai Yang : "I also would like to thank you for providing the useful website regarding colorectal cancer chemoprevention. I am so glad to see our
work (Yang WC) were cited in your website (mice) too." Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Lois Gold and Bruce Ames did no comment on this site, but their Rodent Carcinogen Potency Database, and the HERP index (Human Exposure/Rodent Potency), are an approach similar to this one.
- Do you want to add a comment? Please help us to improve the database or the website, send data or write to
Back to main page
- Iman Al-Saleh: "I did visit your site and found it very useful". Iman Al-Saleh, PhD, Biological & Medical Research Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Riyadh, audi Arabia.
James Amos-Landgraf, Ph.D. : "I appreciate your chemoprevention database. We have found it helpful in thinking about future experiments." McArdle Cancer Research Laboratories, and Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
- Caroline B. Appleyard, Ph.D: "...the database - I actually discovered it recently while doing some searching for drug doses - its very useful" Gastrointestinal Research, Department of Physiology & Pharmacology, Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, PR
- Pierre Astorg: "Merci, et bravo pour le bel effort !", CNAM, Paris
- Graham Barnard: "The database sounds very interesting, thank you for the information." UMMHC
- Agnieszka Bartoszek: "The information about these bases is very useful and important to me. Once again great thanks." and "I'm always grateful for keeping me informed and I greatly appreciate your effort in collecting and analysing data on chemoprevention. Thanks a lot.", A. Bartoszek, chem pg gda Poland
- Laura Basterfield: "Thank you for the tables - they are a fantastic resource. L. Basterfield, Human Nutrition Research Centre,
School of Clinical Medical Sciences University of Newcastle, UK
- Alfonso Bellacosa: "...the valuable web resource you built: I find it extremely useful!"
A. Bellacosa, FCCC
- Franca Bianchini: "Putting together the available data on colon cancer chemoprevention is certainly an enormous but valuable effort. This will be useful for all scientists working in this field.", Chemoprevention IARC, International Agency Research Cancer, WHO-OMS, Lyon, France.
- Goran Bjelakovic: " … Thank you also for the web address of database. We are preparing also the next article entitled: Antioxidant supplements for prevention of colorectal adenomas: a systematic review and meta-analysis, and this address will be very useful for us."
Department of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical Faculty University of Nis, Serbia and Montenegro
- Dean Brenner: "I think your database is of interest" Dean E. Brenner, M.D. Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI USA
- Regina Brigelius: "We are working on selenium, selenoproteins, and glutathione peroxidases in colon cancer right now. We already acknowledged the previous version of your data base and are very happy about the update." Professor, Department Biochemistry of Micronutrients, German Institute of Human Nutrition, Potsdam-Rehbruecke, Nuthetal, Germany
- Andrew B. Buermeyer: "Your chemoprevention database sounds very interesting.", Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Marie Cantwell: "Many thanks for sharing the details of your very useful chemoprevention database "
Laboratory Biosystems and Cancer,
National Cancer Institute, Rockville MD
- F. C. Campbell: "I am grateful to you for your work in establishing the chemoprevention database, which I have used. I think it is a very important development for this field" FCC, Professor of Surgery Queen's University, Belfast, UK.
- Yin-Ching Chan: "Your web is very useful for me. I appreciate very much" Department of Food and Nutrition, Providence University, Taiwan
- Robert Carroll : "I was aware of the animal database as Dr.Bissonnette pointed out your Nutrition and Cancer article (one I read with interest) but I wasn't aware of the human trials site. This is a real service to this science and I commend your efforts." R.E. Carroll, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Section of Digestive Diseases, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Louise Coletta: "Dear Prof. Corpet, Your website is very useful and chelates an enormous amount of information."
Dr. P.L. Coletta Molecular, Molecular Medicine Unit, St. James's University Hospital, Leeds,UK
- Emerson Cruz de Oliveira: "The information in the website help me at lot..., but now I`m need the paper version of your articles", Gerais- Brasil
- Marianne Dybdahl: "your database, it looks interesting and useful"
- Jim Fleet: "I've enjoyed your reviews on chemoprevention and models for studying chemoprevention. I know how much work a thoughtful review takes so I appreciate the effort you've made to clarify this subject for the medical, cancer, and nutrition communities." James C. Fleet, Ph.D. Professor University Faculty Scholar Purdue University, IN
- G. Garcea: "I have added your database link to my "favourites" list"
Giuseppe Garcea, leicester, UK.
- Clarissa Gerhäuser: "Thank you very much for this interesting information!" DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany .de
- David R. Geter: "I examined your web site and you have created a very remarkable resource."
D. Geter, Ph.D. Exposure and Dose Research Branch, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Howard P. Glauert: "The website is very useful. I appreciate your hard work in putting this together. Thank you for including our studies." Glauert, Nutritional Sciences. University of Kentucky.
- Jeff Green : "It is an extremely useful site." (NIH/NCI) email@example.com
- Stephen B. Gruber : "The database is quite useful." Division of Molecular Medicine & Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Max Hansen: "Thank you for the link to your database. It looks very impressive and we are certainly going to use it." Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Søborg, Denmark
- Diane M. Harris: "This will be a very useful database to keep track of the growing list of agents that have been used in preclinical trials for colon cancer" and "I have perused your database before. It's a great tool. Thank you for your work"
Harris, Ph.D., UCLA, USA
- Ying HU: "I am very interested in the website of chemoprevention database, it is very helpful, Thank you."
Dr. Ying Hu, Gastroenterology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia
- Mark Hull: "Congratulations on your database. A very useful resource" Professor M.Hull, Molecular Gastroenterology, Leeds Institute for Molecular Medicine, St James's University Hospital, Leeds, UK
- Hideki Ishikawa "Your homepage is very useful. I also think that the prevention of colorectal cancer is possible." H. Ishikawa
Department of Molecular-Targeting Cancer Prevention, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
- Mark Huycke : "your website looks like an excellent compendium
of the prolific data in this area" MD. Professor of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and Chief, Medical Service (111)
Dept. of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Dora IlYasova: "I really think that there is a lot of information and we do need to collect it in one database." Dora Il'yasova, PhD Assistant Professor
Dept Cancer Biology & Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Andrew Jenner: "I am beginning to study colon cancer and diet and I plan to use the azoxymethane (AOM) rat model. I have found your ACF AOM rodent website extremely useful." Dr A.JENNER, Asst Prof, Dept of Biochemistry. National University of Singapore
- E. Jeffery: "the webpage. it is excellent."
EHJ, U.of Illinois, Urbana IL, USA
- Mazda Jenab: "I must congratulate you on putting it together. It is indeed a valuable resource." firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kris Kulp: "Your website is very interesting. I will forward the link to the other researchers in our group."
Kristen S. Kulp, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA USA
- Luke K. T. Lam: "It is an excellent piece of work. Congratulations." LKT Laboratories, MN, USA
- Evelyne Lhoste: "J'ai regardé les tableaux, c'est très pratique de pouvoir les trier par colonne."
INRA, Jouy, Paris, France.
- Bernadene Magnuson: "I have used your database - it is very helpful. Thank you for your efforts to provide such an excellent resource to the colon cancer prevention
research community." Dept of Nutrition and Food Science, University of Maryland
- Pedro Marques-Vidal: "J'ai consulté votre base de données, elle est très intéressante, je vais la recommander à mes étudiants." Fac.Med.U.Lisboa, Portugal.
- Mike McEntee: "I've enjoyed your work and appreciate your efforts to pull together all the Min and AOM studies - it's been very helpful to me."
M.McEntee, UTK, USA
- Graeme McIntosh: "your data base: It is a very useful reference analysis service and I congratulate you on its success. Clearly considerable work involved! Keep up the good work."
McIntosh, Adelaide, Australia
- Francesco Marotta: "I am interested to go through your worthwhile database on the web", F. Marotta, Gastroenterology, Milano, Italia.
- Marian L. Neuhouser :"I very much appreciate your colon cancer site. This is very fine work." Marian L. Neuhouser, PhD, RD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center,
- José Francisco Noguera Aguilar : " I have visited your web and I think it is very interesting. Congratulations by the database!" Hospital Son Llàtzer, Unidad de Cirugía General y Ap. Digestivo. Baleares, Espana.
- Mieko Okamoto : "I also appreciate your information on the web site of colon cancer
prevention database. This is very interesting and helpful for our study
both at present and in the future." Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science,
- Gayle Orner : "I am familiar with your excellent databases; in fact I relied quite heavily on your Min mouse database while writing my latest grant proposal. I've got several large Min mouse studies underway, and will send you copies of the manuscripts (I'll also try to present the data in a manner that can be easily incorporated into your database).
My 2003 paper did not separate out the tumors according to SI and colon, and I see that you used the combined numbers for your database. I've attached the data separated by SI and colon in the attached excel spreadsheet so you can add this information to your database if you'd like.
Thanks for managing such a valuable resource, "
Gayle Orner, Linus Pauling Institute email@example.com
- Christian Parnaud-Sarrail: "Votre base de données est remarquable, elle pourrait être étendue à d'autres organes !" Docteur ès Sciences, faculté de médecine, F-Tours.
- Elizabeth A. Platz: "Excellent, thanks!" firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jayadev Raju: "I take this opportunity to congratulate you on the excellent website you have created on the chemoprevention of colon cancer. It is very informative. The review will immensely impact the field of colon cancer chemoprevention.", "Your website on colon cancer chemopreventive agents is so exhaustive. Once again, I congratulate you. I think it gives a wealth of information for people in this line. I myself look at it almost every week, to seek for new information." U.of Manitoba, then with the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Jerry Rice : "I very much appreciate the reference to your database on colon cancer prevention, which I anticipate will be most useful to many scientists, myself included."
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Cancer Center, Washington, DC
- Luca Roncucci : "Thank you for the very helpful list of agents tested in colorectal carcinogenesis. I sent it to Maurizio Ponz de Leon." Modena, Italy.
- DSR Sarma: "My congratulations for your excellent chemoprevention data base. I thank you for letting us use it. It is very useful.", U. of Toronto, Ont Canada
- Aasma Shaukat : "I like the website quite a lot. Thanks," Dept Clin Epidemiol Biostats, McMaster U, Hamilton, Ontario & Sch Med Biomed Sci, State U of NY, Buffalo, NY
- Chun-Kuang Shih : "The database "Chemoprevention of Colorectal Cancer" is perfect. Thanks for your efforts." School of Nutrition and Health Sciences
Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Richard Sevens: "your website on colon cancer preventives in diet is very interesting...", Colon Cancer Prevention Program (CCPP), Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC), Farmington, CT
- Pomila Singh: "I am very interested in the data base you are developing, and will certainly go to it to get valuable info.", Professor, Dept of Neurosciences and Cell Biology, UTMB, Galveston, TX
- William L. Stone "the data base will be very useful" Bill Stone, etsu .
- Rikako Suzuki: "I am greatful for colon cancer prevention database. I can learn a great deal from your database." Department of Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
- Tetsuya Tsukamoto: "Thank you very much for the web site, which is very interesting to me." T. Tsukamoto, MD, PhD Section Head, Division of Oncological Pathology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya Japan
- Ivana Vucenik: "Your database is fantastic. Congratulations."
Ivana Vucenik, Ph.D. Ass.Prof., University of Maryland, School of Medicine, MD USA
- Yu-Xiao Yang: "That website sounds like a great resource. I am sure I will be using it." Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Jason A. Zell: "Your database is quite impressive... I will let others working in this area (including my mentor, chemoprevention trials expert Dr. Frank Meyskens) know about this helpful website. Thank you", Cancer Surveillance Programs of Orange County and San Diego County,
University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA
- Do you want to add a comment? Please help us to improve the database or the website, write to
Corpet DE & Taché S, 2002, Nutrition & Cancer - & - DE Corpet & F Pierre, 2003, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prevention -
http://www.inra.fr/reseau-nacre/sci-memb/corpet/indexan.html & Mirror site