Colorectal Tumor Chemoprevention Database
Clik here to go back to main page & database
See all [Tumor] data or use filter to [select] some
Documentation on TUMOR Data. [Full Doc]
- Potency /tumor incidence: potency of each agent to reduce the incidence of intestinal adenoma & adenocarcinoma.
- Tumor percent inhibition: % reduction of colonic tumor incidence.
- Cancer percent inhibition: % reduction of colon cancer incidence.
- Potency /multiplicity: potency to reduce the number of colonic tumors per rat.
- Raw data: actual numbers of tumor bearing rats in control group and treated group.
! Potency cannot be accurately estimated when few control animals have a tumor: studies with less than 8 tumors are tagged with a "!". See also: ! * +
- Ranking: Agents are ranked by potency. The table can be sorted on other criteria (e.g., agents).
To change sorting, click on column heading (once: up, twice: down), or use the "select" box at table bottom.
- Also shown: Agent name, dose, and class;
Reference: author's name links to PubMed abstract;
Carcinogen dose; Rat or mouse strain.
- All Tumor studies: a new table is planned collecting all preventive, promoting and null agents [TumALL].
- More details? Fetch Full Explanations on the Tumor table.
Learn more on AOM & DMH.
See also the abbreviations for agents, carcinogens, and rats, and how we built the table.
Corpet DE & Taché S, 2002, Nutrition & Cancer - & - DE Corpet & F Pierre, 2003, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prevention.
E-mail: . Sites: Colon Cancer Prevention: Chemoprevention Database & Mirror site