Colorectal Preneoplastic Lesions Chemoprevention Database
Clik here to go back to main page & database
See all [ACF] data or use filter to select some
Documentation on ACF Data. [Full Doc]
- Potency /ACF: potency of each agent to reduce the number of aberrant crypt foci. BUT for promotion table, see below.
- Percent inhibition of ACF number by each agent.
- Potency on large ACF, to reduce the number of large ACF per colon (in most studies, large ACF > 3 crypts).
- Potency on ACF size: potency to reduce the number of crypts per ACF.
- Ranking: Agents are ranked by potency. The table can be sorted on other criteria (e.g., agents).
To change sorting, click on column heading (once: up, twice: down), or use the "select" box at table bottom.
- Also shown: Agent name, dose, and class; Carcinogen & doses;
Reference: author's name links to PubMed abstract. Rat or mouse strain;
Raw data (actual number of ACF, large ACF, and crypts/ACF in control and treated groups).
- All ACF studies: a new table is planned collecting all preventive, promoting and null agents [ACFALL].
- More details? Fetch Full Explanations on the ACF table. See also: ! * +
Learn more on aberrant crypt foci and see ACF pictures.
See also the abbreviations for agents, rats and carcinogens, and how we built the table.
- PROMOTION TABLE
- Potency /ACF =time-fold increase: potency of each agent to increase the number of aberrant crypt foci. Potency is the time-fold increase in ACF number.
- Percent increase of ACF number by each agent.
- other columns similar to ACF prevention table briefly explained above, with Full Explanations elsewhere.
Corpet DE & Taché S, 2002, Nutrition & Cancer - & - DE Corpet & F Pierre, 2003, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prevention.
E-mail: . Sites: Chemoprevention Database & Mirror site